THREE THINGS RIGHT NOW
Ford – almost 8 months
- Ford Man is a screamer. We call him Scream-O, Ford Monster… the list goes on. He’ll just stare us right in the eyes and scream until his face turns red, then smile. It’s not that he’s even upset, he just likes to scream.
- He is so close to scooting and crawling. I tie those two things together because I have a feeling that they’ll follow each other closely. He’s getting up on one knee and then will roll, pivot… whatever he needs to do to get where he wants to go.
- We finally have a great sleep routine in place! He’s been doing well for a while now, but when your kids get to that point where you can put them in their crib awake and then they put themselves to sleep without a peep… that’s the best. We now get both boys down for bed at the same time and can wrap up the day kid-free . WAY TO GO, FORD!
Drake – almost 25 months
- “BOTS. BOTS. BOTS.” StoryBots is all that Drake asks for these days. It’s on Netflix and is his favorite show. These little robots teach kiddos how planes fly, why the sky is blue… a bunch of awesome stuff that I’m sure is too much for Drake to comprehend but that’s all he wants to watch right now. That and Coco. I can’t remember the last time a movie has made me cry that hard.
- Drake still doesn’t care to hang out with Ford. I’ll try to sit them side-by-side on the couch and he’ll make a big scene to get away from him as soon as he realizes he’s there. We’ve also just entered the phase where Ford will grab a toy in the playroom that Drake hasn’t looked at for weeks, and then he’ll suddenly be upset and want it immediately. All the good stuff that will be our life for the next however many years. I love it though and will fully embrace all of it. The fact that they’re so close in age and will always have each other makes the long days worth it.
- Drake has loved playing outside since the start, but this summer has already been so fun because family showered him with nothing but outdoor toys for his 2nd Birthday (which was May 22nd). 🙂 He loves his car from Uncle Rich & Aunt Allie, trampoline from Grammie & Pops, playhouse from Gigi & Deda, and swing set.
Our Party Summer has started! I vividly remember being 5 months pregnant this time last year and telling Nate that Summer 2018 had to be a fun summer for us. While pregnant with Ford, I was in two of my best friends’ weddings and went to Vegas, Florida, Oregon, Nashville, and Put-In-Bay, Ohio… all places/events that called for a good time. When you like to have a drink with the people you love and you can’t on any of those fun trips, the anticipation builds up. So we promised ourselves that for the first time since being pregnant (with Drake) that this would be a summer for us to do all the fun things we’ve been talking about.
- May 24th marked our 4 year wedding anniversary! We went to California Pizza Kitchen that night and sat at the bar for hours… a thing of the past that I really miss. We went to CPK all the time when we lived in Chicago. Their food is so good. We always get a few appetizers and then split a pizza and salad. Their seasonal sangria is delicious, too. This spring/summer it’s White Peach – super sweet but definitely worth trying.
- This past weekend we went to a Martini Making Class in Homewood. We found a GroupOn for it back in February and it’s been booked since. We were in a room with a bunch of other couples, groups of girlfriends, you name it. One of the bartenders led it and we learned how to make 5 different mini martinis. There was also a little break in there where they brought out a charcuterie board. So much fun. The best part was that it was $50. We’ll be looking for more fun date ideas on GroupOn – we want to do a cooking class soon and they have a bunch of cool options.
- Tomorrow we leave for Nashville! Another big thing this summer that has been planned for a while. We’re heading out to celebrate Nate’s 30th Birthday for the weekend (which was May 20th). We’ll be staying with my brother-in-law and his beautiful wife. Love them… can not wait to hang out with them until Monday. The best part is that we’re meeting up with a bunch of friends for more celebrations that will involve being in downtown Nashville, a party bus tour, and dinner together.